- Communication Planning: Extensive stakeholder consultation, public relations, knowledge of & adherence to guidelines of regulatory bodies
- Data Acquisition & Conversion: Collecting data & purchasing previously collected data & then suiting the data to meet the needs of clients
- Emergency Response Mapping & Field Support: The establishment of Emergency Planning Zones, Spill Contingency Plans for Crude Oil & ERP Mapping in order to meet regulatory requirements
- ERP Data Collection & Updates: Identifying & consulting Stakeholders by Phone, Personal Visit or Mail Outs & recording consultation information through the use of LOID
- GIS & GPS Field Training & Technical Assistance: Training is accessible to all clients in regards to the use of their GIS & GPS systems with continued technical support
- GIS Systems Management & Maintenance: The Development, Management & Maintenance of GIS Systems
Services We Offer at Polar Technology Solutions
- GPS Road Proofing & Hazard Assessment: Identifying all access roads & hazard points in order to clearly mark them using survey grade GPS units
- Mapping: Digital & Hard Copy of Emergency Response Maps, Operation Maps, 3D Terrain Modeling & Map Books
- New Pipeline Data Management & Construction Support: Aiding in data management & support of new projects
- Population Density Study for use in Class Locations: Using the power of GIS, evaluate stakeholder data based on CSA Z662 to determine population density along a pipeline. The output data and maps are easily shared with operators and engineers to verify that pipeline specifications meet the requirements for class location.
- Stakeholder Notification: Notifying stakeholders in the case of events such as maintenance, construction or any other such causes for notification
Geographic Information Systems Development
- Current Needs – this step lists current requirements – what you need information on and how do you need to access it.
- Future Needs – a crucial step that can save much time and hassles in the future. We develop our solutions with the room to grow into what you will need – not just what you need today.
- How long will the project last?
- How often will you need updates and how will those be done?
- This is crucial – who needs access, from where, and how often
- Are there levels of security and confidentiality that need to be addressed?
- This essential step helps us to design security measures that not only preserve the integrity of your data, but more importantly the reputation of your company.
Need to manage data on a pipeline, a group of wells or specific details in your municipality? We can help. We have experience helping companies do just that. It’s a simple but proven process: Here is a brief synopsis.
We can set up your GIS system and train your staff how to use it.
A great tool is only as useful as the people who know how to operate it. At Polar Technology Solutions, we know that you need solutions that work in the real world. This is why we don’t consider an application done until the people on your team are working with it comfortably and confidently. It’s something we take pride in: Making great applications and helping teams use them to their full potential. We provide complete training on all software we develop, as well as specific courses to help you get employees up to speed on GIS.