We are currently seeking a Technical Architect at our offices located in Mission, British Columbia.
This position requires demonstrated competence in a variety of complex enterprise business applications and software solutions, understanding of workflows and proven ability to analyze business processes. As a Technical Architect, you will be responsible for the Company’s overall software design and development requirements, including a road map and product integration plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise in development and implementation of the web based solutions. Ensure the smooth delivery of projects as specified in the project plan. Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics. Working with clients to assist them during the implementation process of software. Contribute to needs analysis, functional requirements definition, and business solution needs. Contribute in the development of project plans for all assigned projects. Work with the team to provide accurate time estimates for development.
- Design and development of .NET (C#) applications. Create C# applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. Other languages such as PHP would be an asset.
- Build development Team and mentor new hires to develop business. Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Use data gathering/synchronizing methodologies to help develop mobile field data collection tools. Develop standard processes for data gathering tools to assist developers with prototypes. Assist in design of databases for synchronization to corporate data store. Work with clients to define requirements. Assist developers in designing workflows and UI.
- Database design. Creation and management of spatial data schemas and metadata catalogs within databases including Microsoft SQL Server Spatial and Oracle Spatial as well as ESRI’s SDE
- User requirements and technical documentation. Document all methods used to create tools for future maintenance and updates; document roll out procedures and strategies for software; creation and maintenance of functional and technical design documents, as well as some general business analysis
- Supporting and Troubleshooting applications and infrastructure. Provide technical support; investigate and resolve production problems; optimizing web-based systems; a strong understanding of web server security is important
- Coordinating and Communicating with project manager and other IT and non-IT department resources. Provide routine PC Support such as configuring email, system and application updates and account administration
Some attributes that would be nice to have are:
- Aptitude for gathering solution requirements and turning them into conceptual designs
- Ability to assist BA’s with developing business requirements and rules
- Understanding of client relationship management
- Creating technical designs and technical documentation
Posted: February 19, 2018